Frizzy hair is a common problem for many Pinoys, given the humidity and weather in the country. Imagine spending an hour or two getting prepared, only to reach your destination – whether it’s work, school, or a party – with your once-selfie-worthy hairdo, now disheveled, looking like fried noodles.
If you can relate to this everyday dilemma, read on to find out more about how to fight the frizz, so you can achieve frizz-free hair!
Defining “Frizzy Hair”
Before we get into how to control frizzy hair, let’s first define what it is. Frizzy hair is essentially caused by a lack of moisture in the hair shaft. This can be due to several factors, including:
- Humidity: When the air is humid, it can cause your hair to absorb moisture from the atmosphere, resulting in frizz.
- Weather: Extreme weather conditions, such as hot or cold temperatures, can also lead to frizzy hair.
- Damage: Damaged hair is more susceptible to frizz because the cuticles are raised, allowing moisture to escape.
- Styling: Certain hairstyles, such as tight ponytails or cornrows, can put strain on the hair and cause frizz.
- Over-washing: Washing your hair too often can strip it of natural oils, leading to frizz.
- Heat styling: Using heat styling tools, such as hair straighteners or curling irons, can damage the hair and cause frizz.
- Harsh chemical treatment: Treatments, such as bleaching or perming, can damage the hair and make it more susceptible to frizz.
That being said, while frizzy hair isn’t an illness, but more of the consequence of different environmental factors or styling choices, it can still be frustrating to deal with. But don’t worry, there are ways to address the problem.
How to Control Frizzy Hair
Taming the wild strands of a frizzy hairdo while still maintaining a healthy head of hair can be a challenge. But with the right products and maybe some lifestyle changes, it is possible to achieve smooth and shiny locks every day.
It’s common knowledge that in most (but not all) local beauty parlors and hair salons in the Philippines, frizzy hair is “fixed” through chemical and heat treatment procedures, which can be damaging to the hair in the long run. And we understand that this is done all because we want to feel good about ourselves and look good for other people. But what if you can achieve the same results without resorting to harsh chemicals and heat?
Herbal therapy is the answer: Say “Hello!” to our leave-in serum for frizzy hair and anti-frizz shampoo.
A safer and gentler way to achieve frizzy-free hair is by using natural products, such as our leave-in serum and herbal shampoo for frizzy hair, both of which are infused with organic moringa, olive, sunflower, and argan oils. These natural ingredients are rich in vitamins and minerals that help hydrate and nourish the hair, giving it a healthy sheen.
Here’s how to use these products:
Simply apply it to damp hair, focusing on the ends, and then style as usual. You can use the serum on both wet and dry hair.
The Moringa-O2 herbal hair relaxing serum makes use of nature’s most powerful nutrients and minerals through a gentle formula with argan oil, which is rich in Vitamin E, omega-6 fatty acids, and antioxidants, to help tame frizzy hair.
Wet your hair and massage the shampoo into your scalp. Rinse thoroughly and follow up with conditioner. For best results, use it together with the leave-in serum.
If you’re curious about what makes the Anti-Frizz Shampoo effective, well, it’s because of the vitamins and minerals packed in a gentle and safe formula for your hair and scalp. Here are some of the nutrients that your hair gets in every bottle:
- Oleic and linoleic acid
- Vitamins A, B, C, E
- Good fatty acids and antioxidants
Both products can be used daily for best results.
Apart from using herbal therapy, here are more simple and easy tips to help you control frizzy hair:
- Use a soft bristled brush when brushing your hair to avoid damaging it.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water instead of hot water as this can strip natural oils from the scalp.
- Use a wide-toothed comb instead of a brush to avoid damaging the hair.
- Try air-drying your hair instead of blow drying it.
- Wear a scarf or hat when going out in humid weather to protect your hair.
- Avoid tight hairstyles that can put strain on the hair.
- Limit the use of heat styling tools.
So, there you have it!
With the right products and the proper knowledge on what to do, you can achieve smooth and shiny hair without resorting to harsh chemicals and heat. Give our leave-in serum and anti-frizz shampoo a try and see how effective they are in taming those wayward strands of hair.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send us a message today!