Do you have sensitive skin? Then you already know that your skin care routine is a little different from the rest.
What is sensitive skin?
You have normal skin, oily skin, dry skin; then there’s sensitive skin. Sensitive skin can get irritated by the smallest things, be it the products you apply or the food you eat. Unlike the other skin types where you can easily do a self-check, people who may have sensitive skin should still have a dermatologist to confirm this, or whether something else may be causing it.
Do’s and don’ts in caring for sensitive skin
Dealing with sensitive skin may sound challenging, but think of it as your skin having different needs, just like other skin types. Take note of these sensitive skin care tips to give your complexion the extra-special attention it deserves:
- Do drink plenty of water. You can also boost your H2O habit by drinking water with lemon. Lemon water detoxifies the body, aids digestion, and also helps beautify the skin from the inside.
- Do remember to protect your skin from the sun. No matter what type of skin you have, always apply sunscreen before going out. Look for sunscreen that’s paraben- and fragrance-free that doesn’t irritate the skin.
- Do choose the right skin care products. Go for products with antioxidants, as well as anti-inflammatory antioxidants like the Moringa-O² Skin Care Line. Moringa-O²’s Skin Care Line harnesses the power of 3 powerful natural ingredients—malunggay (moringa), olive oil, and sunflower oil—that gently and effectively nourish all skin types.
- Do conduct a skin test before putting a new product on your skin. To do this, apply a small amount behind your ear and leave it on overnight. Do this for several days. If there is no irritation, the product should be okay to use on any area of the face.
- Don’t cleanse your skin with hot water. Hot water dries out the skin.
- Don’t over-exfoliate. For sensitive skin, once every 2 weeks should be enough. Also, avoid scrubs with harsh exfoliants such as shells, nuts, and crystals.
- Don’t use products with harsh ingredients. Steer clear of products that contain retinoids, alcohol, or antibacterial or deodorant ingredients.
- Don’t layer too many products. Skin care for sensitive skin should be simple, both in terms of process and ingredients. Take care not to layer more than three products on your skin.