Every time you subject your hair to the heat of styling tools, you cause irreparable damage to your locks. Although straightening your hair without heat is a viable solution, you don’t need to throw out your heat styling tools just yet.
Keep your hair protected while styling with the range of natural heat protectants available today. These products don’t only offer protection but also help your hair maintain its natural shine and health. Let’s dive into the world of natural heat protectants for the hair and discover how these oils can transform your styling routine.
Argan oil is one of the best natural heat protectants you can use for your hair. This golden elixir is extracted from the kernels of argan trees and is packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and fatty acids.
Here’s how to use argan oil for your hair as a heat protectant:
- Start with clean, damp hair.
- Apply a few drops of argan oil onto your palms.
- Rub your hands together to evenly distribute the oil.
- Gently apply the oil from mid-length to the ends of your hair, avoiding the roots.
- Style your hair using your preferred heat tools. The argan oil will work its magic, keeping your hair safe from excessive heat.
Coconut oil, a tropical wonder, is known for more than just its culinary uses. This versatile oil also doesn’t disappoint when it comes to cosmetic benefits, such as protecting your hair from heat damage.
Rich in fatty acids and vitamins, coconut oil penetrates deep into the hair shaft, preventing moisture loss and minimizing damage caused by styling. So, if you regularly apply coconut oil to your hair before using heat tools, you’ll notice that your hair stays healthy and shiny.
To use coconut oil as a heat protectant, here’s what you need to do:
- Mix one teaspoon of coconut oil with 3/4 cup of water to dilute it. Transfer the mixture to a spray bottle and shake well.
- Spray the mixture evenly on your wet hair, focusing on the ends and any areas that are particularly prone to damage.
- Allow the formula to sit for about 30 minutes before styling.
- Style your hair as usual, knowing that the coconut oil is acting as your shield against heat damage.
Derived from grape seeds, this light and odorless oil might be one of the best-kept secrets of the beauty world. Grapeseed oil is loaded with linoleic acid, which not only offers protection from heat but also imparts a natural shine to your hair without making it greasy. This makes it the perfect natural heat protectant for your hair before straightening or curling.
Here’s how you can use grapeseed oil to protect your locks:
- Take a few drops of grapeseed oil in your palms.
- Rub your hands together and gently run them through your hair.
- Focus on the mid-length to the ends of your hair, where the most heat damage occurs.
- Style your hair as desired, knowing your hair has a lightweight yet effective heat shield.
Sunflower oil offers many benefits for the hair. Bursting with vitamins and antioxidants, this essential oil creates a protective layer that shields your hair from the harsh effects of heat styling.
Use sunflower oil as a DIY heat protectant for your hair by following these steps:
- Dilute one teaspoon of sunflower oil by mixing it with two cups of water. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Apply the formula to wet hair to ensure even distribution, paying special attention to the ends.
- Allow the mixture to settle for a few minutes before using heat tools.
- Style your hair as usual.
Olive oil, a staple in Mediterranean cuisine, has been used for centuries to enhance hair health and beauty. Its rich content of vitamins A and E makes it a formidable ally against heat damage.
One of the greatest benefits of olive oil for the hair is that it protects your locks from heat damage. It also provides nourishment, leaving your hair looking lustrous even when styled with heat tools.
However, you should remember the smoking point of the type of olive oil you’re using to avoid damaging your hair. Setting the temperature of your heat tool below these smoking points can protect your hair:
- Extra virgin olive oil: 176 to 210 °C
- Virgin olive oil: 215 to 243 °C
- Refined olive oil: 252 °C
Here’s how to use olive oil as a heat protectant:
- Warm a small amount of olive oil in a bowl of warm water.
- Apply the warm oil to dry, clean hair, starting from the ends and working your way up.
- Set your heat tool to the right temperature.
- Let the oil sit for about 20 minutes before styling your hair.
Castor oil, derived from castor beans, might be thicker than some other oils, but its benefits are undeniable. Packed with omega-6 fatty acids and proteins, castor oil not only protects your hair from heat but also helps strengthen it, reducing the risk of breakage.
To use castor oil as a heat protectant, here’s what you should do:
- Mix castor oil with a lighter carrier oil, such as coconut oil or grapeseed oil, to make it more manageable.
- Apply the oil blend to your hair, focusing on the ends and damaged areas.
- Let the oil sit for about an hour before styling.
Style Your Hair Confidently Without the Damage
In a world filled with heat-styling tools, the importance of protecting our hair cannot be overstated. Fortunately, nature has gifted us with an array of oils that not only safeguard our strands but also enrich them with nourishment.
Whether you choose the nourishing argan oil or the time-tested olive oil, the path to luscious, protected hair lies in the embrace of these natural oils. So, the next time you reach for that straightener or curling iron, remember that nature’s bounty is there to help you maintain your hair’s health and beauty in the most delightful way possible.
To take caring for your locks one step further, invest in Moringa-O2 hair care products that combine the power of moringa, olive oil, argan oil, and sunflower oil. These items can surely soothe and rejuvenate your hair, leaving you more confident than before. Shop these hair care products at your nearest leading supermarket or drugstore today.