People normally lose 50 to 100 strands of hair daily. Although baldness is more common in men, women also experience excessive hair loss at some point. Losing hair can be devastating because it affects self-confidence, which may impact other aspects of your life.
Fortunately, advancement in technology now allows you to have fuller tresses almost instantly. This option, however, would cost you a significant amount of money. Curating your hair care products is a more affordable option to maintain healthy hair growth. For example, products with malunggay help in hair loss prevention.
Malunggay: The Miracle Tree
You commonly see malunggay in ginisang monggo, tinola, corn soup, and other Filipino dishes. But malunggay, also known as moringa, does not only add flavor to local dishes. This plant provides lots of health benefits because it’s rich in minerals, vitamins, and essential nutrients. It’s not surprising for people call it the miracle tree.
Some of the nutrients present in moringa are important to keep your hair healthy. These nutrients include:
- Vitamin A – this provides strength to hair cells.
- B Vitamins – these vitamins consist of B6, biotin, and folic acid that allow cells to grow healthier.
- Vitamin C – it combats free radicals that weaken the hair
- Iron – this nutrient keeps the hair healthy by supplying more hair follicles.
- Zinc – this nutrient is responsible for hair growth.
Hair loss occurs due to several factors, from your genes to excessive hair treatments. Identifying the cause of your thinning hair helps you find the right solution.
Why You Might Experience Hair Loss
Losing hair is normal, and new hair grows back to replace the ones you have lost. In some cases, however, the cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted, or scar tissue replaces destroyed hair follicles. When this happens, hair loss becomes more noticeable and permanent.
Factors related to hair loss include:
- Family history – a hereditary condition known as male-pattern baldness or female pattern baldness is the most common cause of hair loss.
- Medical conditions – several health conditions, including alopecia areata and hormonal changes (caused by pregnancy, thyroid problems, and menopause) increase your chances of experiencing hair loss.
- A stressful event – a physical or an emotional shock may cause general thinning of hair for some people. But this condition is only temporary.
- Hairstyles and treatments – the way you treat your hair may result in hair loss. For instance, chemicals from hair dyes and hot oil treatments damage hair follicles.
The incredible benefits of the miracle plant make it a popular ingredient among beauty products in the market. With the overwhelming choices of moringa-based products, make sure to choose those that provide the nutrients your hair needs to stay strong and thick.
Choose Herbal Solutions to Hair Problems
Moringa-O2 offers a range of products that help fight hair loss. Our collection of herbal shampoos, conditioners, and therapy oil contains essential nutrients from moringa, olive oil, and omega oil from sunflower.
Try our products today and achieve stronger and healthier hair.