As we transition from the hot and sticky days of summer to the chilly-weathered ones of the rainy season, there ought to be some changes and improvements in every woman’s beauty arsenal, such as making the switch to moringa (malunggay) skin care.
At the minimum, moisturizers with natural ingredients should be potent enough to protect your skin against the elements, especially the skin-drying cold air.
Not a problem though, if you’re a malunggay or a moringa skin care believer. Check out this simple graphics on how malunggay should keep your skin healthy and glowing throughout the cold season.
Enter “malunggay for the skin” and other variations of it on Google, and what you get is an overwhelming list of benefits of moringa in skin care, hair care, and overall health. The miracle plant chooses no weather, no season to be a dependable, dermatologically-tested total skin care solution. That being said, it truly offers a ton of advantages for the skin.
The 10 Benefits of Using a Moringa (Malunggay) Skin Care Regimen
Given that moringa is a popular miracle plant in certain regions, because of its natural benefits to the body and tasteful addition to local dishes, moringa or malunggay or drumstick has become prevalent in a variety of skin care products. And since it is full of nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants that offer a range of health benefits, it isn’t so surprising why it makes for a powerful ingredient in cosmetic products that serve to keep your skin looking young and beautiful.
Here are the 10 benefits of using moringa in your skin care routine:
1. It keeps your innate youthful glow intact. Because moringa oil extracts are applied topically, it has direct contact on the skin, which delivers nature’s powerful nutrients, such as antioxidants, straight to the epidermis. This effectively helps address wrinkles on your face and combat the damage from free radicals due to the sun’s harmful UV rays. For younger-looking skin for many years, try using moringa in your skin care routine.
2. It moisturizes the lips and prevents it from cracking. With moringa oil as an essential ingredient in your lip balm, you won’t have to worry about chapped lips during the cold weather. Through moringa oil, the skin of the lips have better water retention, which keeps it soft and moisturized for extended periods of time.
3. It improves the complexion of your skin. With powerful antioxidants and antibacterial properties, the topical application of moringa extract helps combat bacteria, giving you blemish-free skin and an even tone. You can also create your own home remedies by using a paste made out of moringa leaves and apply this to any spots or blemishes on your skin and face. A truly practical and gentle solution, right?
4. It helps fight acne in your skin. As mentioned earlier, moringa offers a wide range of antibacterial properties, which helps combat breakouts, too. For people with oily skin, this can be beneficial, because moringa oil or malunggay leafy paste helps regulate the excess production of sebum. That being said, if you have plans of brewing your own remedy, it’s still best to consult a dermatologist before ingestion or any type of topical application – just to be sure.
5. It combats toxins in the body. Acne and other forms of skin irritation are often caused by an accumulation of toxins in your system, and when it ruptures, the skin experiences breakouts. Ingesting moringa as a supplement, or in raw forms such as seeds and in powdered malunggay leafiness can cleanse the blood. This purification will help make your skin clear, bright, and healthy.
6. It reduces the pores on your skin from growing. Who wants large, visibles pores, right? For example, imagine how unflattering a porous and bulbous nose would look like – what a totally yucky image! So, for smaller pores and supple, tighter skin, use moringa oil to keep the skin young-looking and elastic. With its capability to boost collagen protein in your skin, it can help reduce the formation of large pores.
7. It helps boost the natural production of collagen in your skin. As it is remarkably abundant in Vitamin C, moringa helps with cell turnover through the increased formation of collagen. This makes it easier for your skin cells to regenerate and repair itself for a youthful and healthy glow. Since collagen stability is also dependent on Vitamin C, moringa oil’s natural compounds help protect the collagen fibers from enzymes that cause deterioration, keeping the skin firmer.
8. It helps moisturize the skin and prevent dryness. With the help of moringa oil and its high-antioxidant content, your skin retains moisture better, which combats dryness due to the colder temperatures of the rainy season. Rich in Vitamin B as well, moringa skin care products function as a natural humectant, which keeps water on the skin’s epidermis.
9. It helps address oil production in the skin of your face. Since it enables the skin to repair itself, as opposed to keeping itself constantly protected from the harsh particles in the air, such as pollution and UV rays, moringa oil prevents the skin on your face from excessive oiliness. By effectively decreasing the stress on your skin, which affects the production of sebum, moringa oil’s natural minerals seep into the skin and combat inflammation. With the antioxidants in moringa, hormonal imbalances in the skin are also addressed, thus regulating oil production and any reasons for inflammation. So, not only do you keep the skin on your face clean and moisturized with moringa oils in your skin care routine, you also get to manage your skin’s oil production.
10. It provides the necessary nutrients and minerals to keep your skin protected from the harsh weather. In the Philippines, the rainy season brings forth storms, strong winds, and heavy rainfall. It’s normal, being in a tropical country and all – but without a healthy dose of sunlight, the lower temperatures can be harsh on your skin, clogging the pores and preventing it from absorbing water and retaining moisture. Moringa oil helps keep the skin strong and healthy, and even during the rainy weather and cold season, your skin will withstand the stillness of the chilly air.
Herbal Moringa-O2 Skin Care Products
Having had the opportunity to provide Filipinos with an excellent herbal hair care solution, it’s our moringa line also delivers as an effective herbal skin care treatment. Here are the moringa skin care products that you can choose from:
The Herbal Anti-Acne Moisturizing Soap is available in 135 G at 105 PHP, which offers multiple antioxidant properties for the gentle cleansing of dry and sensitive skin. You can use it on your face, neck, and body to experience its anti-aging, antibacterial, and anti-acne benefits. It also offers skin lightening properties and is dermatologically tested.
The herbal malunggay soap is best recommended for Filipinos who are prone to acne, or those who are experiencing dry and easily irritated skin. Through the powerful combo that moringa oil, olive oil, and sunflower oil delivers, the moringa soap’s antimicrobial properties help combat acne, even before they form.
The Herbal Facial Toner is available in a 100 ML bottle, priced at 105 PHP, which is the skin care solution if you’re looking for a gentle-cleansing, pore-minimizing, oil-controlling herbal treatment. It is used on the face and neck, and since it’s antibacterial, anti-acne, and anti-inflammatory, it’s the perfect afterbath complement to the anti-acne soap. You can also use it as a face mist for easy application.
For people with dull, sensitive, oily, and acne-prone skin, the herbal facial toner delivers a powerful blend of moringa (malunggay), olive oil, and omega from sunflower oil to rejuvenate, nourish, and keep your skin protected throughout the day.
The Herbal Moisturizing Lotion is offered in the 125 ML bottle at 145 PHP, and it offers the best effects for Filipinos with dull, dry, and sensitive skin. It also offers natural skin lightening benefits through its chockfull of herbal actives. For use on the body, the herbal moisturizing lotion is a dermatologically tested, anti-aging solution with UVA and UVB protection.
Massage the herbal moisturizing shampoo onto your skin after a bath to lock in hydration, which helps address skin issues, such as itchiness, dry skin, and symptoms of eczema
The Herbal Insect Repellent is offered in a 50 ML bottle at 100 PHP. It is dermatologically tested, DEET-free, and is specially formulated to combat dengue mosquitoes and other types of insects to keep your skin protected from bites. Through the use of natural insect-repelling oils, you can trust that there are no harmful chemicals in this moringa product made for skin care and protection. It can be used on the body, and is quick-absorbing and non-greasy, which makes it a comfortable and non-irritating solution to apply on the skin.
For Filipinos with sensitive skin prone to itching due to mosquito bites, babies, children, and pregnant women, the herbal insect repellent is the perfect solution that guarantees protection against insect bites packaged in a soothing lotion for itchiness and irritated skin.
The Moringa-O2 Herbal Therapy Oil for Hair, Scalp and Skin is the all-purpose malunggay skin care solution that address hair, scalp, and skin issues, such as dryness, irritation, and oiliness, among others. For people with oily skin, the moringa herbal oil can help address excessive sebum production and keep the skin moisturized throughout the day. Because of its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, it protects the skin from harmful toxins and keeps the skin elastic and young-looking.
Moringa for Your Skin Care Routine During the Cold Season
So, with all ten benefits of a moringa skin care regimen, what’s keeping you from making the switch? Especially with the cold season now in the country, alongside strong winds, and constant rain fall, you will definitely need to adapt ad make changes to your skin care routine. As a miracle plant, the benefits of moringa as a natural ingredient is without a doubt effective, and with consistent use, you get to enjoy beautiful, youthful-looking skin.
Stay tuned for more skin and hair care tips in our blogs!
Feel free to send us a message for any questions or inquiries.