Not all hair types are the same, so it only makes sense that there is no /one size fits all/ solution to hair problems, but an all-natural anti-dandruff shampoo can help address flaking in the scalp, which is often caused by having extremely dry hair. In this article, we’ll talk about the problem of having dry hair and what you can do about it.
What is Dry Hair?
Dry hair can be caused by many different factors, ranging from genetics to the products you use on your mane. However, it is often the result of a lack of oil and moisture in the scalp.
Dry locks look very dull and lifeless, not to mention they are usually frizzy and brittle. When you get your hair cut, your stylist should be able to tell if it is dry simply by touching it. If your strands feel like straw when he or she rubs it, there is a very good chance that your tresses are indeed dry.
You may be asking yourself now — what causes my hair to lose its natural oils? The number one culprit of dry tresses is the use of regular shampoo for daily care. Using harsh shampoos can strip your scalp and strands of their natural, protective oils. This is what causes your hair to be dry and brittle.
Another reason that your locks may be dry is because of the chemicals in your water supply. Hard water is one of the leading causes for frizzy, dull looking hair. Hard water is full of minerals such as iron or magnesium that can cause a buildup on your scalp and strands, which will dry it out.
Hair Dryness Treatments
That being said, you can easily counter the dryness in your hair through a variety of ways. Here are five treatment options to help combat dry, brittle hair: conditioner masks, oils, humidifiers, leave-in conditioners, and sulfate-free products.
- Conditioner masks are a great way to restore the moisture balance in your hair. Apply every day for five to ten minutes.
- Oils are an effective treatment for dry, brittle locks. If you have long hair, put oil on the middle and ends of your tresses before going to bed. You can use olive or coconut oils for best results. Moringa-O2’s Moringa Herbal Therapy Oil helps reduce dandruff and itching by addressing the root cause: a dry scalp.
- Humidifiers are an effective treatment for dry hair. If you have naturally dry hair, use the humidifier at night to moisturize your strands while you sleep.
- Leave-in conditioners are a great way to restore moisture balance in your locks without making it look greasy or weighing it down. Apply leave-in conditioner on your hair after you shower and run a wide-tooth comb through your mane to distribute the product evenly.
- Sulfate-free products are also a great treatment for dry locks. Regular shampoos have harsh surfactants, which strip your scalp and strands of their natural oils. Sulfate-free shampoo helps lock in moisture and hydration, which will leave your hair silky and shiny. Try switching to an herbal shampoo like Moringa-O2’s 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner, which uses all-natural ingredients like moringa oil, argan oil, sunflower oil, and olive oil. It soothes scalp irritation and addresses dryness, flaking, and itchiness in the scalp and hair.
Dry Hair Causes
To better take care of your hair and scalp, it helps to know the other causes of dryness. Combine your daily haircare solution with more knowledge to keep your hair moisturized and healthy all the time! Here are the common causes of dry hair:
- Frequent use of hot oil treatments, heating tools or overuse of chemical treatments such as dyes and straighteners.
- Thick hair that is not properly moisturized can become dry and brittle from lack of hydration.
- If you have thick hair, try to wait at least three to four days between full washes. Harsh shampoo can dry out your locks, so don\’t overdo it with the shampoo. If you need to wash your hair daily, it is recommended that you switch to an herbal product.
- Hair that is frequently braided or pulled back tightly for physical activity is more likely to be dry and brittle.
- Dry hair can be caused by hard water buildup. If you live in an area with hard water, use a clarifying shampoo to help remove minerals like iron or magnesium from your scalp and strands.
- Sometimes dry hair is the result of metabolic disorders such as thyroid problems. If it’s genetic, talk to your doctor about getting tested for hypothyroidism.
- Some other reasons for dry hair may include: Sun damage, pollution, harsh or harmful chemicals, tight ponytails or braids that pull on the hair’s roots.
There are several treatments for dry hair. It all depends on the cause of the problem, and what is causing it. Some products can help add moisture to your hair, while others may add protein to strengthen the strands.
For Dry Hair and Dandruff: Try an Herbal Haircare Solution like Moringa
Remember that switching to a more moisturizing shampoo and conditioner can be very helpful for your dry hair. Switching shampoos is also important because it may prevent your scalp from getting used to one formula, causing it to stop being as effective.
Don\’t forget about the importance of vitamin E. Taking vitamin E capsules and breaking them open can give your hair a healthy shine. Our herbal line of hair care products can help your hair and scalp the nutrients that it needs to stay strong, moisturized, and healthy. Why not make the switch?
With Moringa-O2, getting rid of dryness will improve the overall look of your hair, making it possible for you to enjoy your natural locks day in and day out!
Contact us today for more info.