Hot oil treatments are used to deeply condition your hair to prevent damage or repair existing damage. It’s recommended for dry or damaged hair, though treatments also work for all types of hair. The oil you choose infuses with the hair, giving it the moisturizing and strengthening compounds it needs to be healthy and shiny.
Gone are the days when only salons and hair experts could render or provide the deep conditioning service of a hot oil treatment. Thanks to today’s generation of DIYers, hot oil treatments can now be done at home and with your own cream concoction or solution.
Now, you can enjoy all the benefits of hot oil treatment without having to spend too much money or even leave your home!
But before you get excited, here are some tips on how to do hot oil treatment at home:
Doing Hot Oil Treatment With Moringa Oil
Pre-packaged hot oil treatments are available in your favorite beauty stores, but you can use different oils for your hot oil treatment.
Nourishing oils like Moringa-O2 Hair, Scalp, and Skin Therapy Oil to treat yourself to a hot oil treatment at home. This product is made from a blend of oils from moringa (malunggay), olive oil, and omega from sunflower oils for the hair, making it rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It provides nourishment to the scalp, keeping it moisturized. It also helps minimize dandruff, itch, and even hair loss.
To use Moringa-O2 Hair, Scalp and, Skin Therapy Oil for homemade hot oil treatment, follow the steps below:
Preparing the Oil
- Bring a cup of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of Moringa-O2 Hair, Scalp, and Skin Therapy Oil and place it in a small bowl or mug.
- Place the bowl or mug in the boiling water to heat the oil.
- Let the moringa oil sit until it is warm, but not too hot.
- Remove the cup carefully with an oven mitt.
How to Apply
- Wet your hair. Hair should be damp, but not soaking.
- Massage the warm oil into your scalp. Work your way from the roots to the ends.
- Heat a clean towel with a hair dryer, then wrap your hair with the towel for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with Moringa-O2 shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
- Do this once a month to keep your hair shiny and healthy.
Other Oils to Use for Hot Oil Treatment
Aside from Moringa-O2’s therapy oil, you can always use the essential oils you have lying around the house for a hot oil treatment at home. Here are some of the most nourishing oils you can choose from:
- Argan oil’s uses for the hair usually revolve around repairing the damage caused by heat styling and promoting hair growth. This makes argan oil an excellent option for your at-home hot oil treatment.
- Another oil you can use for your hot oil treatment is olive oil. Olive oil is good for the hair because of its natural emollients, such as healthy fatty acids and vitamin E.
- Coconut oil is also a great choice for your hot oil treatment. Its moisturizing properties can help nourish your locks and bring them back to life.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Hot Oil Treatments at Home
- Do create your own hot oil treatment
- Do familiarize yourself with your hair’s makeup and needs
- Do work from tips to root
- Don’t shy away from the heat
- Don’t leave your hot oil on for too long
- Don’t follow someone else’s hair regimen
For more information regarding these tips, check the infographic below.
Hot oil treatment is even more effective with the right tools! For complete care for your tresses, trust in Moringa-O2 hair care to nourish and protect your hair and scalp with the natural benefits of Malunggay, Olive Oil, and Omega from Sunflower Oil! These products are available at leading supermarkets and drugstores nationwide.