Wonder why hair spa is called hair spa? It’s one of the latest trends in hair care where caring for the health of your hair comes with pampering massages, relaxing aromas and essential oils that have been proven to work wonders on your mane.
Hair Spa Benefits
If you’re new to the concept, and have been thinking about whether or not to jump in along with the bandwagon, here are a couple of reasons why you should try having the treatment for yourself.
- – Cleanses out impurities
- – Deeply conditions for strengthened follicles, and nourished roots and scalp
- – Corrects hair and scalp problems
- – Relaxing scalp massage stimulates proper blood circulation, and oil production
- – Enhances hair growth for rebonded or color-treated hair
- – Rehydrates and seals in moisture via heat and hot oil treatment
Hair Spa at Home
The good news is that with new hair care products, getting a hair spa treatment is no longer limited to salons. You don’t need to leave the comforts of your home. In fact, you can invite your girl friends over for a little hair-and-her time. Just remember to gear up with these hair spa staples.
- – Hair masks, solutions or serums – fruits and natural ingredients needed
- – Brushes
- – Towels
- – Working lavatory
- – Mild shampoo and conditioner
Hair Spa Sample Treatments
Here are a couple of treatments that you can try by yourself or with friends.
Banana Hair Mask
Rich in potassium along with natural oils and vitamins, banana has been found to soften hair and improve its elasticity.
- In a blender, peel a ripe banana and mix with a small cup of olive oil and an egg white.
- Apply the solution on hair.
- After 20 minutes, wash it off with shampoo and conditioner.
Strawberry Hair Mask
Turns out, because they’re rich in Vitamin C and silica, strawberries are not only tasty snacks but also awesome natural solutions for hair fall and the prevention of it.
- Make a paste by mashing strawberries and mixing them with honey or coconut oil.
- Apply to your hair and scalp.
- Wash off with cold water and a mild shampoo and conditioner combo.
Moringa-O2 Hair Therapy
Moringa-O2 has the powerful blend of natural oils such as Malunggay, Olive Oil and Omega (from Sunflower Oil). The numerous hair benefits include: minimized dandruff, reduced falling hair and the promotion of healthy hair growth, among others.