Starting to notice all that hair stuck to your hairbrush? Thinner sections of hair while styling your hair? Hair growing slower than usual?
Hair fall is no small matter. Although losing 50-100 strands a day is normal, stress, a change in diet, or a recent illness can make hair fall out faster than usual.
Here are some contributing factors to hair thinning and hair loss:
- Your family genes may have something to do it. Studies say balding tendencies are inherited from your mom’s side of the family. This starts to show toward your late thirties or early forties.
- Hormonal changes—which women experience during pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause— can cause hair to fall out.
- Stress could affect hair growth. A person may experience thinning hair several months after physical or emotional trauma that can last several weeks.
- Hair loss could be a side effect of some medications, treatments, and supplements.
- Excessive hairstyling and chemical treatments can cause an inflammation of the hair follicles, leading to hair loss.
Some believe hair fall and hair loss are mostly out of your control – but that’s not entirely true. Some severe skin conditions which cause hair follicle inflammation (like alopecia, an autommune disorder, or folliculitis, which is caused by a bacterial or fungal infection), are treatable with the help of a doctor.
Hair and scalp, just like our skin, need vitamin and mineral nutrients to stay healthy. One can receive many of these nutrients through one’s diet. But one also can infuse a lot of these nutrients directly on hair and scalp, boosting their health and appearance.
Welcome to hair masks: convenient, not-too-expensive treatments that one can do from the comfort of one’s home.
The Wonderful Benefits of Hair Mask Treatments
Mask treatments don’t take long to prepare. They can be done in a few minutes, in the shower, or kept on hair overnight – and it doesn’t take long to enjoy the results. Give these hair mask treatments a try!
Aloe Vera Extract
Aloe Vera promotes healthy hair growth while nourishing the scalp with properties that help balance its pH level. Aloe vera offers the following benefits:
- It has proteolytic enzymes that thicken hair
- It creates a protective layer that guards hair strands against environmental stresses that could weaken them
- It has proteins, vitamins, and minerals that help nourish the follicles.
For thick, full hair, follow this regimen three times a week:
- Apply Moringa-O2 herbal therapy oil 30 minutes before a bath.
2. Wash your hair thoroughly with the Moringa-O2 shampoo or conditioner.
3. Gently massage aloe vera extract or pulp onto your hair and scalp. Focus on the roots and tips of the hair.
4…Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing.
You can also mix the aloe vera extract with other natural ingredients to give your hair a boost in nutrients. These ingredients are easy to obtain at health stores, drugstores, and specialized supermarkets – try them and see! Here are some great combinations:
- Aloe Vera and Eggs. Mix 1 cup of fresh aloe vera gel, 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, and two egg yolks. Apply and leave on hair for 20-25 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- Aloe Vera and Green Tea. Mix 1 cup freshly brewed green tea (1/2 teaspoon or 1 teabag in a warm cup of water) and 1 cup fresh aloe vera gel. Leave the mask on your hair for 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- Aloe Vera and Castor Oil. Mix 1 cup fresh aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons castor oil, and 2 tablespoons fenugreek powder. Apply to your hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave the mask on overnight, then rinse it with Moringa-O2 shampoo and conditioner the following morning.
Green Tea Solution
Green Tea stimulates hair follicle growth and boosts hair production by optimizing your metabolism. It also inhibits hormone activity that contribute to hair loss. It contains Vitamins C and E, which promote thick, lustrous hair.
Follow this regimen 3 to 4 times a week for 2 weeks:
- Brew some green tea using 2 green tea bags in a cup of hot water. Let cool.
- Add 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel (for hair growth), 1 teaspoon argan oil (for dry hair), half a stick of cinnamon (for hair growth), and ½ tsp orange peel (for shine) to the green tea solution. Steep for about 1 hour, then strain and save the liquid.
- After shampooing and conditioning with Moringa-O2, give your hair one last rinse using the green tea solution.
Egg White Mask
Eggs are reliable sources of protein and B vitamins, which are very good nutrients for keeping your hair healthy and strong.
Egg white contains all the essential amino acids that you need to build, maintain, and replace tissues, including scalp. The B vitamins strengthen hair strands by nourishing the roots. Egg whites also contain minerals, like niacin, riboflavin, magnesium, potassium, and sodium, which assist hair growth. All these nutrients work together to add volume and thicken your locks.
An egg white mask will help repair damage and minimize hair loss. It will also remove excess oil from your scalp, leaving it fresh and free from dirt.
Use the following procedure thrice a week in the morning, before taking a bath:
- Break 2 eggs and separate yolks from whites.
- Beat the egg whites for a couple until they become light and fluffy.
- Apply the mask on your scalp and hair with a brush.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing off with Moringa-O2 anti-hair fall shampoo and conditioner.
Yogurt Hair Mask
Studies show that yogurt is rich in vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) and lactic acid, which protect hair ends, reduce hair cortex damage and prevent incidence of premature balding. It acts as a natural hair conditioner, making hair look shinier and more lustrous, and keeps hair longer in the anagen stage of the hair growth cycle.
This yogurt mask moisturizes and nourishes hair, strengthening the hair strand.
Prepare this yogurt hair mask once a week and apply on hair using these instructions:
- Whisk together 1 cup yogurt with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture from roots to tips.
- Keep on hair with a shower cap for about 15 minutes, then rinse off with gentle, lukewarm water.
Complementing your Hair Treatment with Moringa-O2
Complete your hair mask treatment with shampoos and conditioners that are equally gently and nourishing for hair and scalp.
Moringa-O2’s shampoo and hair conditioners contain moringa (malunggay), a superfood that is widely known for its hair regrowth properties – packed with the following vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids that keep both scalp and hair follicles moisturized and healthy:
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A plays an important role in the development of healthy cells, including the ones on the scalp. If the hair doesn’t receive enough vitamin A, the scalp may thicken, dandruff may appear, and hair loss could worsen.
- B Vitamins – Hair loss is linked to a deficiency of B vitamins; supplying your hair with essential B vitamins (vitamins B6, biotin, and folic acid) may boost hair growth.
- Vitamins C and E – This stimulates blood circulation in the scalp, boosting nutrient absorption in hair follicles.
- Iron – Iron helps carry oxygen to the blood. Consequently, it helps nourish the scalp, creating a healthy environment for the hair follicles.
- Zinc and Silica – Together with vitamin A, zinc and silica prevent drying and clogging of the sebaceous glands, enabling them to moisturize the scalp. Moreover, as zinc deficiency can cause the hair follicles to deteriorate, the mineral is essential in keeping hair follicles functional.
- Amino acids – Moringa is also rich in amino acids arginine, cysteine, cystine, lysine, and methionine that strengthen protein bonds in hair and fight hair loss.
Moringa-O² has a complete line of moringa products that can help your hair loss problems.
- Moringa-O² Herbal Anti-Hairfall Shampoo with Argan Oil – Apart from the vitamins and minerals from the moringa plant, this shampoo is infused with collagen protein, which protects hair strands from damage. Apply a generous amount of the shampoo to wet hair, massage into scalp, and rinse.
- Moringa-O² Herbal Anti-Hairfall Conditioner with Argan Oil – Also infused with collagen, the conditioner complements shampoo. Apply it to damp hair, and massage from the scalp and into hair strands for 2-3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Moringa-O² Herbal Therapy Oil – Apart from moringa oil, this herbal oil also contains olive oil and omega oils from sunflowers. The powerful combination not only promotes hair growth; it also minimizes hair fall and makes hair strands less brittle. Massage the oil into your scalp and leave it on overnight. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and let your hair and scalp absorb the nutrients. Shampoo and condition afterward.
So give these hair treatments a try! And don’t forget to rinse out your hair afterward a gentle organic shampoo for hair loss.