Moringa is often referred to as a miracle worker, because for a plant with tiny leaves, it is certainly a powerhouse.
Most of us know moringa (or malunggay, as it is called locally) as a cooking ingredient but it is so much more than the leaves you toss in your soup. Not as many people are aware of the benefits of moringa for hair growth, hair loss, and hair regrowth. The moringa plant serves many purposes, from its leaves, pods, flowers, fruits, and all the way down to its bark. It is often called “the miracle tree” because it is packed with vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients.
To call the moringa plant a superfood would be putting it mildly, because it has a wide range of health benefits. The plant is packed with more than 90 nutrients and 46 types of antioxidants, which can prevent cell damage. On top of that, moringa contains all the essential amino acids the body needs to grow, repair, and maintain cells.
Moringa can be consumed by everyone, so children and adults can reap its benefits. The health benefits of moringa include creating remedies for hair loss, boosting the immune system, treating arthritis and joint pains, headache relief, diabetes and cancer prevention, among others. More importantly, eating the moringa plant has no reported negative side effects, which means it is safe for both adults and children.
Moringa cares for your body, not just from the inside, but on the outside as well. Your skin and hair, particularly, can reap the benefits of moringa. Thanks to its combination of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, the moringa plant delivers robust nourishment to your scalp, hair strands, and skin cells.
Let’s explore the benefits of this powerhouse plant to your body.
Here are four ways your hair can benefit from this powerhouse plant:
1. Reduces Hair Loss
Many underestimate the restorative powers of malunggay/moringa for hair loss.
One of the most common benefits of malunggay/moringa is for hair growth. Many people — especially men — experience hair loss, which affects their self-confidence. Moringa in oil form helps thicken the hair and give people voluminous locks.
What Happens in Hair Loss?
Hair goes through a constant cycle of:
- Growing – The hair strands shoot up from the hair follicles.
- Resting – The hair stops growing.
- Shedding – The strands shed to make way for new hair.
In some cases, people lose too much hair too soon. Eventually, the hair grows so short that they don’t even emerge from the scalp, resulting in baldness.
Moringa for Hair Loss
The hair needs plenty of nutrients for optimal health and growth, but the vitamins A and B complex groups are considered the most important. B vitamins stimulate the scalp by increasing blood circulation, and Vitamin A is a key factor in developing healthy hair cells.
Moringa is packed with vitamins and minerals that are essential for hair health. It contains:
- Vitamin A – This makes the hair cells stronger.
- B Vitamins – Moringa has vitamins B6, biotin, and folic acid that enable cells to grow healthier.
- Vitamin C – Fights free radicals that weakens the hair
- Vitamin E – Repairs damage done by free radicals
- Iron – Helps supply more oxygen to the hair follicles, boosting their health
- Zinc – Improves hair growth
Interested to feel the effects of Moringa on your hair? Check out our different Moringa-O² Herbal Hair products!
Our Moringa-O² Therapy Oil contains Vitamins A, B, C, and E, as wells as other antioxidants that help promote hair growth and reduce hair loss. It can also soothe an itchy and irritated scalp and give your hair a healthy sheen.
Our Moringa-O² Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo contains vitamins A to E. Together with omega oil (from sunflower extract) and argan oil, the shampoo gets rid of dirt and grime without stripping the hair of its moisture.
Lastly, our Moringa-O² Anti-Hair Fall Conditioner has powerful herbal ingredients that complement our shampoo.
Try moringa for hair regrowth and hair loss prevention today!
2. Moisturizes the Scalp
Healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp. To maintain a gorgeous hair, you have to pay close attention to where it comes from.
Moringa oil, when massaged onto the scalp, has moisturizing benefits, thanks to the vitamins and minerals that it contains.
- Iron – The malunggay plant contains iron, which helps carry oxygen to the scalp, making the cells and hair follicles strong and healthy.
- Zinc and Silica – Along with vitamin A, zinc prevents the sebaceous glands from drying out or getting clogged. These glands are responsible for producing sebum — natural oils that moisturize the scalp.
- Vitamin A – Deficiency in vitamin A can cause thick scalp and dry hair. Vitamin A, therefore, plays an important role in having soft scalp and healthy strands.
- Vitamins B, C, and E – These facilitate proper blood flow to the head, which boosts the living cells in the scalp.
How to Use the Moringa-O² Therapy Oil
Try this if you have dry hair. First massage moringa oil onto your scalp. For better results, wrap your hair in a warm towel or wear a shower cap for at least 30 minutes. The nutrients in the moringa will reach your roots and moisturize your scalp. Then, shampoo and condition with Moringa-O2.
Use the oil at least twice a week.
3. Makes Hair Stronger and Prevents Split Ends
If your hair does not receive the nutrients it needs, it becomes weak and brittle, producing split ends. On top of that, some of what you do to your hair, like too much heat styling (especially if you don’t use heat protection products), blow-drying while your hair is still dripping wet, frequent hair dyeing, treating your hair with chemicals, and over-washing (a problem in a hot, tropical country), may result in damage. Even rubbing your hair with a rough towel can lead to hair damage.
If it’s difficult to stop styling your hair, then make it stronger and more resistant to damage instead. Regular use of moringa oil helps keep your hair strong because it delivers essential vitamins and minerals to the hair follicles. Because moringa is packed with vitamin A, B, C, and E, as well as iron and zinc, it boosts scalp health and promotes hair growth.
Moreover, moringa contains abundant quantities of minerals essential for strong strands:
Hair products infused with malunggay are your best bet for strong and healthy locks. Get gorgeous hair with our products:
- Moringa-O² Herbal Smoothening Shampoo with Argan Oil – Nourishes the hair with a combination of vitamins, essential fatty acids Omega 6 and 9, and minerals. It moisturizes the hair from deep within. You also avoid sun damage because our shampoo combines sunscreen and protective film technology that protects the hair from sunlight, which weakens the strands.
- Moringa-O² Herbal Smoothening Conditioner with Argan Oil – Like the shampoo, it combines vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids that strengthen the hair. It also delivers sun protection and minimizes frizz.
- Moringa-O² Herbal Therapy Oil for Hair, Scalp, and Skin – Promotes healthy hair growth, making for strong strands and moisturized (but non-greasy) scalp. It also contains antioxidants that fight free radicals, creating an environment that’s conducive to scalp cells.
- Moringa-O² Hair Relaxing Serum++ with Argan Oil – Contains vitamins A to E, as well as Omega 6 and 9 and argan oil for deep moisturizing. It gives hair strands a protective coating, guarding them against damage while making them soft and smooth to the touch.
4. Fights Dandruff
Even though dandruff is a common condition and is not contagious, a lot of people who suffer from it impacts their confidence. And whether you have oily or dry skin, your scalp may be prone to dandruff. But generally, it is a sign that your hair isn’t getting the right nutrients.
Age, sex, and scalp conditions affect your risk for having dandruff. For instance, young and middle-aged adults are more prone to dandruff than kids and older adults. Men are also more vulnerable, as well as those with oily hair and scalp.
Regardless of the cause, it’s imperative to give your hair the vitamins and nutrients it needs, so it won’t flake and shed visible dead skin. And when it comes to combating dandruff, moringa is a trusty partner.
Moringa for Dandruff
The main components of moringa are zinc and silica, which help prevent the sebaceous glands from drying and clogging and are vital in the production of sebum. Moringa also addresses vitamin A deficiencies that commonly cause dry hair and dandruff. On top of that, moringa delivers vitamins B-E, which work together to improve blood circulation, promote healthy hair growth, and soften the scalp.
With a moisturized, healthy scalp, there’s a lower risk of shedding dry flakes of skin.
To ease the symptoms of dandruff, try Moringa-O²’s specially formulated anti-dandruff products:
- Moringa-O² Therapy Oil – As a scalp moisturizer, it leaves no grease. Massage a small amount of the oil before going to bed and leave it on overnight. Wash your hair with a Moringa-O² shampoo the following morning.
- Moringa-O² Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner – This cleanses your hair and scalp without stripping them of natural oils. It also contains Rosebay extract, which helps decrease sebum production and reduces the appearance of adherent and non-adherent flakes. Additionally, it delivers a smoothing and anti-inflammatory effect, making it a milder anti-dandruff alternative.
Moringa works wonders for your skin and hair, nourishing them from deep within and giving them a healthy, glowing look.
Try our moringa products to see for yourself!